My wife gave me a six-wheel Wild Thumper Robot / RC chassis a couple of years ago for my birthday. I wanted it to use as a platform for a robot project. Sharp-eyed readers may recognize it as the underlying platform for my “ARDI” robot. After I got the batteries and cpu board and whatnot figured out, I decided that I wanted to add shaft encoders to the two center wheel motors and that’s where my troubles began…
Continue reading “3D-Printed Motor Mount for Wild Thumper”
My Bosch router works great as a CNC spindle except for one small detail, it is designed to pull air through the router body and exhaust it out the bottom.
I’m sure this is a fine thing when it’s used as a manual router, but it causes problems when used as a CNC router due to the way it blows the dust and chips all over the place. This, in turn, causes the dust collector system to work extra hard to pick it up and there’s always some extra that gets wafted up into the air to settle wherever it might in the workshop.
So to solve the problem, I fired up Fusion 360 CAD and designed an air deflector plate that bolts onto the bottom of the router. And as you can see in the photos, now does a fine job of redirecting the air flow.
Here is a link to the build log where you can see more photos.
Here is a quick link to the Build Log / Album on Google so you can see what we’re up to. When I get a chance I’ll get it moved over to here and add commentary.
(This is a placeholder post for the category– More to come…)